America's Best Coffee ShopsThe Daily Meal listed "America's Best Coffee Shops" a few days ago. Seattle didn't get No.1... but we had a few ranked in! Is your favorite coffee shop in your city in the list?
This is how they made the list. "We scoured for the best independent coffee shops and chains that have changed the way we drink coffee. Our criteria? The best quality in coffee and food, atmosphere, customer service, and the "unique" factor."
Here is the list. (Click here for slide show)
1. Ultimo Coffee, Philadelphia
2. Gimme! Coffee, New York
3. Barista, Portland, Ore.
4. Courier Coffee Roasters, Portland, Ore.
5. Café Grumpy, New York City
6. Lamill Coffee Boutique, Los Angeles
7. Stumptown, Various Locations
8. Ritual Coffee Roasters, San Francisco
9. Joe the Art of Coffee, New York and Philadelphia
10. Intelligentsia, Various Locations
11. Commonplace Coffee Co. House and Roasters, Pittsburgh
12. Milstead & Co., Seattle
13. Everyman Espresso, New York City
14. Peregrine Espresso, Washington, D.C.
15. Artifact Coffee, Baltimore
16. PT’s at College Hill, Topeka, Kan.
17. Victrola Coffee, Seattle
18. The Wormhole, Chicago
19. Caffé Medici, Austin, Texas
20. Boxcar Coffee Roasters, Boulder, Colo.
21. Ipsento, Chicago
22. Verve Coffee Roasters, Santa Cruz, Calif.
23. Spyhouse Coffee, Minneapolis
24. Panther Coffee, Miami
25. Happy Coffee Co., Denver
26. Blue Bottle Coffee, Various Locations
27. Kaffe 1668, New York City
28. Abraço Espresso, New York City
29. Condesa Coffee, Atlanta
30. Zoka Coffee, Seattle
31. Octane Coffee, Atlanta
32. Sola Coffee, Raleigh, N.C.
33. Town Hall Coffee Co., Merion Station, Penn.
My recent favorite Milstead & Co. is ranked No. 12. If you live in Seattle area and never been there, you should try. They want you to focus on good coffee so they don't serve larger than grande size and decaf.
Resource: The Daily Meal, America's Best Coffee Shops
If you donate $5+, I'll send you this refrigerator magnet as a little thank you gift.